Friday, April 11, 2008

Mariah Carey - Bye Bye

Artist: Mariah Carey
Album: E=MC2
Year: 2008

Rating: 4.8/5

(Short post today, still got the flu..)

Why oh why do I always manage to predict post- album singles? Examples? Westlife, I loved 'Something Right' back in November and now it's a single. Leona Lewis, I loved 'Better in Time' AND 'Footprints in the Sand' when her album came out and now it's a single. Blake Lewis, I loved 'How Many Words' back when 'Break Anotha' was the single and now it's a single. Finally, when I got my hands on a Mariah album, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED 'Bye Bye' and now it's been confirmed to be the second single! All these predictions are kinda freaking me out, maybe I CAN be an A&R person. Anyway..

I absolutely LOVED 'The Emancipation of Mimi', I remember back when 'It's Like That' was brand new and it was being shown on the local music channel during a time when I was just getting addicted to it, they used to play it three times a day at the exact same time(If I'm not mistaken it was 8 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 8 in the evening). Anyway, I loved all the singles off that album and eventually got the album itself. So, when I heard of another album this year, I immediately got my hands on one. I was not disappointed.

For me, 'Bye Bye' made the album. It's the perfect song and the melody is just amazing. I love how the song builds up and the start is just perfect. It's the perfect 'wave-hands-while-swaying' song, it can be the finale to a concert.

Want it? Buy the album when it hits stores on April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment