Saturday, August 23, 2008

Girl Group Mania Part 1!

So, since I have absolutely nothing to do apart from talking and watching TV shows I downloaded, I'm listing down some of my favorite girl group songs. This list is in no particular order, so don't complain if I don't feature your favorite song until part 2!
  • Off the top of my head, The Cheetah Girls' 'Strut' is a great 2005/2006/2007 girl group song. All the harmonies and technical stuff from the 90's is ported to a more 2000's hip-hop sound. Plus, their voices are amazing and the routine was sweet!
  • Probably one of the best girl group collaborations is the Girls Aloud/Sugababes Comic Relief single, 'Walk This Way'. I swear, everything about this song, the melody, the arrangement, the vocals and most of all the video(am-azing!)! It 'seems' like they're screaming but the more you listen to it, the more you absolutely can't stop!
  • Hailed as 'the first Danity Kane'(by me, at least..), Dream made an amazing single back in 2000/2001, 'This Is Me'. The song is the very edgy pop/R&B that everyone was doing during the really early 2000's.. but different. Pity they didn't last for so long.
  • The Sugababes' 2007 single 'About U Now' is a pure and utter pop masterpiece. It's catchy, not annoying and most of all, it was a huge hit in the UK, reaching the top spot on the singles charts. It's good to know that a lot of other people agree with me when I say that this song is most probably an institution by now.
  • 'Girls' by Destiny's Child off their 'greatest hits' album is a great listen. Although it's nowhere near being an institution, the song itself is very catchy and the melody is nice. That plus the lazy but not lazy instrumental makes a great song that's worth listening to.
  • Although Atomic Kitten's 'Cradle' isn't my ultimate favorite song from the group, it's definitely one of their better songs. It's one of those ballads you can't help but listen to more than the standard twice, all in the name of curiosity. At first I was wondering why Tash was the only one singing(yeah..) so yeah. But then they released 'Cradle 2005' and everyone had a solo..
  • 'Incredible' by newcomers, The Clique Girlz is another amazing ballad and it's surprising that those powerhouse vocals came from these girls. The chorus is kinda screechy and the girls have a tendency to scream a bit, but you don't really notice it that much..
Stay tuned for Part 2 where I feature All Saints, Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, Girl Thing, The Saturdays, 3LW and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment