Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's been four years!

I originally wanted to stay away from all the mush that would come, on the grounds that I'm mushy enough to start with, but then just now I realized that there's no point hiding that I am mushy when it comes to things like this. You've all seen it before, it's not like it's anything new!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for four of the most amazing years of my life. Thank you for bearing with all my shortcomings, for all the friends I've made, but most of all, thank you for listening to that insecure twelve year-old back in 2008, thank you for giving her a chance. To say that this blog changed my life would be an understatement, because it is my life, and it embodies everything I want to do now and in the future.

If you had asked me back in 2008 if I thought I'd last this long, I'd laugh at you for thinking this was something serious. But things happened, and everything about this blog -- the readers included -- made me realize that this is something I love doing so much that I'd pursue a career in it. Pop Reviews Now is an adventure, and while I myself was struggling with myself and my writing (still am!), this was the one thing that reminded me of why I allow myself to go through all that. And it will continue to be.

Honestly it may seem a bit arrogant for me to say this, but I have high hopes for the future. Rest assured, like I always say I'm not going anywhere.

(I'll be doing a live tweet of tonight's KBS Music Bank, to go along with the return of my music show recaps! YES!)

No comments:

Post a Comment