Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Star

Once again, sorry for being MIA these past few days - I got a bad cold and slept for like 80% of the time. Am a bit better now, I can sit in front of the computer for a few hours straight again so back to work! hahah.

I just recently got a hold of the bonus track from 1,000 Stars and I was quite unimpressed with it when I first heard it so I pushed it aside. While I was looking for something to blog about, I thought of maybe slamming it but when I listened to it again I had a different impression of it.

With a little tweaks on the arrangement to make it perkier and some treatment from the likes of Savan Kotecha or Max Martin, this seriously has the possibility to become and S Club-esque song but of course, it's not. It's laid-back electro(at least I think that's what you call it..) or an electro-ized Bossa Nova(which I'm NOT very fond of. Mainly because the so-called 'bossa nova' here consists of boring voices singing sanitized, lifeless and flat covers.) but it has this certain appeal to it that makes you want to listen to it again.

I don't find the melody brilliant and I don't find the arrangement stunning - changes can be made but over-all it's a pleasing listen. This is a song that deserves to be a bonus track - pushed to the wayside because I don't think it's as good as the rest of the album.

3.3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment