Sunday, December 11, 2011

[#33] KARA - "Jet Coaster Love"

From: "Super Girl" (Album)
Released: April (Single)/November (Album) 2011, Japan
Rating: 2.95

I have both fond and not-so-fond memories of "Jet Coaster Love", because it came out during a very stressful time for me. Remember when I got that tropical virus earlier this year? Yup. The video for this came out just before I got admitted to the hospital, and I listened to it throughout, all the way up to the week I made up ALL my final exams, my thesis defense, and basically everything I needed to graduate. So whenever I listen to JCL I get all tingly and whatnot. But enough about me.


"Jet Coaster Love" is probably the best single KARA's released in Japan all year, because once again, it's a balance between what they were, and what they should think about becoming. Instead of being all-cute, JCL is more on the whimsical and/or girly side, with the instrumental and actually even the melody being a bit more serious than usual, but nevertheless still fun.

If you've been reading my recent tweets, you might've come across some "why can't I write" or "I have nothing to say about a song" tweets. They were for this song. But now I realize why I don't have much to say about JCL -- that's the point.

I admit that sometimes I tend to over think songs, so much that I miss the point altogether. But I didn't miss it this time. "Jet Coaster Love" is fun, mindless pop music, and that's the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment