Sunday, December 20, 2009

Best of 2009: September #2 & #1

You don't know how excited I am about this post. An all-Korean top 2 in September but beware, this is just a teaser for the next months!

#2: f(x) - Lachata
Let's face it, Lachata wasn't a big hit, but Chu is just crap. The girls were singing on Lachata with minimal processing and it showed the extent of their abilities - that's a good song. The chorus catchy, Luna just pulverizing everyone else in the band with her damn good vocals and AMBERRRR! LOL. She looks like a guy who looks like a girl. But you know, Lachata did a good job of making me think Amber could actually sing - she can't. But I do like the rap part. *gasps*



#1: DBSK - Mirotic
So as ALL of you know (I assume you all know), my adoration for Westlife was replaced by my adoration for DBSK. Not only are they a heck of a lot younger and have a heck of a lot more "official fans", they're also more musically inclined. Yes, I said it - they make better music, have better voices and unlike Westlife - THEY CAN DANCE. I think. As if I know anything about dancing. So anyway, I got addicted to them this year after saying I didn't like them and so for my new favorite boyband, I have found a loophole in my rules to be able to include Mirotic.

Mirotic was originally released in 2008 in Korea and it was a GIGANTIC hit. When I say gigantic I mean GIGANTIC. 'Controversial' lyrics, a crappy 'clean version' I refuse to listen to (REALLY, whoever thought of "under my SKY"?????) and even a Japanese release followed. The loophole? The Japanese translation of the single was on their 2009 album The Secret Code. I didn't say anything about songs in different languages and the like, so MIROTIC IS ON THE LIST WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. Hah. Am I a genius or am I a genius? *bows*

The publishing rights for Mirotic were also sold to Sarah Connor and her record company - so Mirotic pretty much equals her hit Under My Skin (which explains the line "under my skin" at the end of the chorus of Mirotic). The only difference is that the middle 8 on Mirotic is the chorus on Under My Skin, and that it's a boyband song. BRILLIANCE. Dammit. THAT was LOOOOONG. Anyway, enjoy the brilliance, in Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment