Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Best of 2009: The spill-overs from 2008

These two are the songs that were on albums released in 2008 but were later released as singles in 2009. Doesn't matter which month they were released, all that matters to me is that they were added to my library in 2008.

Girls Aloud - Untouchable

When I reviewed Out of Control last year I named Untouchable one of my favorite tracks - unmistakably Girls Aloud with the flare that the rest of Out of Control had. Listening over to it now, I so wish GA would hurry the hell back and release an album because we all know that I and a lot of people need GA to survive. They are after all Britain's biggest girl group at the moment.


Jessica Mauboy - Been Waiting

Jessica Mauboy is one of those artists I adore but only mention in passing - she's brilliant though. Been Waiting is one of those songs that if not done the right way with people who know what the crap they're doing will turn out terribly wrong. Thankfully, the girl has a gorgeous voice, good producers and managed to pull this off brilliantly. Great groove, brilliant melody and outstanding vocals. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment