Sunday, December 21, 2008

# 21: Michelle Williams - We Break the Dawn

So after Destiny's Child split, Michelle Williams made the shift from Gospel to mainstream R&B, the product of that is amazing.

The first time I heard this song was when the video debuted, so it'd been out for some time already, but I loved it. I have a soft spot for voices like hers, you know, rough but smooth but not? I think you get the point.

The song is brilliant as well.

From what Wikipedia's telling me, the song didn't chart on the Pop, R&B or main Billboard charts. It did, however hit number one on the hot dance airplay charts.

Now what I don't understand is why it didn't even chart in the R&B charts. I mean come on, this song is amazing, it's got all the makings of a hit, so why didn't it?(hit, that is.)

That aside, the melodically it's probably in my top ten this year. It's got all the makings of an amazing melody, I mean the chorus is catchy, the verses get exactly what the chorus does and seriously, just listen to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment