Monday, December 29, 2008

James Morrison - Songs For You, Truths For Me

I literally have to force myself to write this. Garrrr.

James Morrison is one of those artists that people who know me would never believe I like, but I really, truly adore him. I mean, his voice is gorgeous enough then he releases these brilliant songs that keep you wanting more!

Over here, his sophomore release was very quiet, virtually no promotion and during the rare times that I do watch TV(which is almost never) or if I overhear someone watching the music channel, I haven't heard anything about him. Heck, I didn't even know he was coming out with a sophomore album until I saw it up for download! haha. OK.

This is one of those albums wherein I listen to every single track and you obviously know that I don't listen to albums from start to finish that much. Melodically all the songs are stunning and arrangement-wise you hear a lot of things in the album, but there's never too much of something, you're not bombarded by all these fake drums or all these processed sounds, there are some of those but never in excess.

The amazing thing about this album is that I never, ever get sick to listening to it. There are a lot of songs that I absolutely love but then I listen to them too much and they get too annoying but I can seriously listen to this album for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. 

I do not want to do a song-by-song breakdown of the album for fear that I might keep on saying the same things over and over again and you don't wanna be reading that, do you? I thought so.

I just want to say though, I love the elements that flow through the entire album, the similar feels of The Only Night, Precious Love and Nothing Ever Hurt Like You are so cool and the un-mushy-ness of You Make It Real, even though it's kinda mushy.

You know who he kind of reminds me of? A Brit version of Paddy Casey(if you even know who he is.. haha.).

Rating: 5/5
This album's also number 9 on my top ten albums of 2008! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment