Friday, December 5, 2008

# 56: Jessica Mauboy - Back2U

I admit, I was a but put off by the album cover, but then when I heard the lead single, I was in awe with her voice.

Seriously, it's hard to believe that she's got that huge a voice at that young an age. She may be quite young, but she's old enough to know how to control and take care of it, something that's extremely important.

She's got a gorgeous voice, and what makes her album an even better listen are the songs. For me, they can go head to head with Ricki-Lee's songs and they'd tie in terms of melody and arrangement.

There is however, one song that just stands out from the rest. Back2U is another R&B ballad(I seem to like a lot of them..!), and it's got a gorgeous melody that could possibly compete with my favorite song of the year(which will be revealed later this month, so be patient!) and Jessica's amazing vocals are just highlighted on this song.

Plus the fact that I love how the song shifts from a simple guitar line into this really, really beautiful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment