Saturday, December 13, 2008

# 37: The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

The Ting Tings are another one of my guilty pleasures this year like Metro Station.

Guilty pleasure, but I'm once again a sucker for these kinds of songs, ala Bloc Party and Garbage..

The girl doesn't have a most gorgeous voice on earth, but she can hold a note, and the focus is not the singing with this band, I get the impression that it's more about the songs for them.

That's Not My Name is annoyingly brilliant if I was to describe it.

The repeated phrase can get annoying at times, but it gets you hooked on it so much that you just want to listen to it over, and over and over again.

I absolutely adore the middle eight, it's probably the only part where the song gets really, really melodic and it's cool that it goes on until the last chorus.

It's a less melodic Shut Up And Let Me Go, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment