Thursday, December 18, 2008

# 26: Duffy - Mercy

Strangely enough, I first found out about Duffy through Westlife. Apparently around the time that Mark did an promotional interview, he was loving this song. I got curious, mainly because the guys don't really talk a lot about what new songs they're listening to, and listened to the song.

I loved it.

I love the 60's vibe she's going for and when I finished listening to her album, I was in awe. I also once again predicted her post-album single, Warwick Avenue! I absolutely adored that track the first time I heard it.

The melody of this song is so catchy that after listening to it once, I was practically humming the chorus! Her vocals are something else though, smooth but rough but beautiful. Just right for the kinds of songs she's singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment