Friday, December 12, 2008

New Music!

Haven't done this in quite a while, let's get this rolling!
  • I posted about this already, but let me repeat it. Beyonce's Rock would probably be my favorite song had I discovered it earlier and had it been included on the final album. Seriously, how can a brilliant song like this just be thrown at the wayside? It's much better than Halo, in my opinion.
  • Thanks to Anthony over at Luckystar for posting Six's This Is It! Seriously, I'd been looking for that album for ages and no one had it! I'll whip up a review sometime this week as a thank you to Anthony.
  • I was beginning to wonder where Lady Sovereign had gone but just as I was about to find out for myself, I found her new song, I Got You Dancing and I'm not a big fan of it. I remember when she had just broken the US markets and was all over TRL, I was a big fan of the show so I always saw her video. At first I loathed it but it eventually it grew on me, there's something about her that makes me curious, so I guess that's a good thing. Who knows, this might grow on me.
  • I'm loving Elin Lanto's Speak and Spell even more now. I mean, I loved it before but it's slowly becoming a brilliant song with and even better melody. Swedish really make the best pop music. I mean, where else can you get singers like Agnes Carlsson and Elin Lanto who make the most amazing pop? haha..
  • Mya's new album, Sugar and Spice is absolutely amazing. There are some songs that are a bit shaky, but some songs that just blow me away. Highlights for me are Paradise, One For You, Cry No More and All In Your Mind. 
  • Kylie and Coldplay did a duet for AIDS day sometime back. I lover Kylie and I love Coldplay but somehow the song just doesn't work for me.
  • There are two new Chris Brown songs circulating the music blogs, Save Me and Celebrity. They're good! Although I kind of like Celebrity better, it's got a better melody.
  • Speaking of Chris Brown, he's on the new Got Milk? ad, which is cool!
  • And lastly, I've correctly predicted yet ANOTHER post-album single! Alesha Dixon's second single from The Alesha Show is Breathe Slow! Remember me expressing my adoration for the song? Yeah. Gorgeous song, although I'm not a big fan of the video. Watch it though, it's worth at least trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment